IEECP is a non-for-profit, independent research foundation working since 2015 in several European funded projects and studies in the fields of energy efficiency, climate policy, energy poverty, demand side management, business models for energy efficiency and energy efficiency financing.
In view of expanding these activities, we are searching for a motivated junior professional working on buildings’ energy policy and business models, with 2-4 years of professional experience.
The expert will be responsible for supporting IEECP’s projects through the following activities:
- Research on energy efficiency aspects and novel business models to support building renovations and their interaction with the energy system
- Project implementation and reporting, depending on the defined project tasks, including both expert and supportive tasks
- Participating in the acquisition for new projects under Horizon Europe, LIFE, Interreg and other funding schemes.
The work will be divided across 2-4 projects mainly addressing energy efficiency research, business models and policy related to the EU building sector.
Qualifications / experience :
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Energy Policy, Business, Sustainable Development, or related field.
- Familiarity with EU energy policies, and/or technologies for energy system integration, and/or business models related to financing.
- Experience in European projects (Horizon Europe, LIFE, other) is a plus
- Excellent writing and communication skills, and stakeholder engagement abilities.
- Minimum 2 year-experience in similar function and role
- Fluency in English; additional languages are a plus.
- Based in Europe (preferably in Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal, or The Netherlands) and available to travel withing Europe.
- Self-motivated with independent working capabilities.
- Effective team player with strong collaborative skills.
- Skilled in critical thinking and complex problem-solving.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing environments and situations.
- Responsible and reliable with honesty and integrity in professional interactions.
- Curious and passionate about energy and sustainability, continually seeking learning and improvement.
- Full time employment contract for two years with competitive salary, dependent on years of experience, academic credentials and location.
- Flexible, remote work arrangement within a dynamic and diverse team. Please note IEECP doesn’t have offices and all employees provide remote work.
- Impactful work in a high-visibility EU-wide project.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth.
Deadline for Application: 5 January 2024.
Please do not wait until the deadline. Applications will be considered on rolling basis until a suitable candidate is selected. We will only contact candidates who have been selected for interviews, no further emails will be sent to unsuccessful applicants.
If you are interested in applying, please send directly your CV highlighting your experience at [email protected], putting as email subject: First and last name – Application (Junior) expert – Buildings; and include two references who we could contact for recommendation.
Your information and CVs will be treated following our GDPR POLICY.