PLEASE NOTE THIS JOB OFFER IS NOW CLOSED!
IEECP is a non-for-profit, independent research foundation working since 2015 on several European-funded projects in the fields of energy efficiency, climate policy, climate adaptation and resilience, energy poverty, financing in the framework of cities, regions, and countries and more.
The (junior) communication expert we are looking for is a versatile communications generalist whose duties include writing, editing a range of materials, organising and promoting IEECP and project events, assisting in the creation of (info)graphics, social media, and more.
Good to know: IEECP’s team is mostly teleworking, all across Europe. We are nonetheless a connected, fun and supportive team of almost 30 individuals, 5 of which focusing on the communication and dissemination of results!
The (junior) communication expert will support the team on various research and innovation projects from IEECP’s project portfolio, under the guidance and reporting to the head of communications and other communication experts, with the following main activities:
- Disseminate IEECP, its projects and initiatives through appropriate communication channels: newsletter, blogs/articles, press releases, social media, websites, events, communication material design, preparing and layouting briefings, preparing strategies, writing articles or blogs, and more).
- Participate to the preparation of project proposals.
- Digital communication and “print” (design of banners, posters, graphics, etc.).
- Track and report on IEECP media coverage, events participation and digital statistics.
- Be a force of proposal for any other communication activity.
The work will be divided across various energy and climate projects. Depending on the applicant profile, new missions could be added (independently managing projects).
Qualifications and profile
- Ideally you have a diploma in communications or sustainability (we will value motivation and demonstrated skills rather than a specific diploma).
- Knowledge / first experience in energy, climate, and related policy issues.
- Graphic design skills / eye for detail (we mostly use Canva), video editing.
- Strong writing, editing and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of social media, media, and web management/online content management tools such as WordPress.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform self-directed work and teamwork, work on multiple projects, and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience working on EU-funded projects is an asset.
- You are based in Europe (preferably in Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal, or The Netherlands) and available to travel within Europe.
- Full time position
- Employee contract of 2 years
- Start date: as soon as possible, September 2023 at the latest.
If you are interested in applying, please send directly your CVs highlighting your experience at [email protected], putting as email subject: First and last name – Application (Junior) Communication Expert. Please accompany the CV with a short motivation letter, highlighting a communication campaign you recently liked and why.
Applications will be dealt as they come and interviews planned in the coming weeks. We will only contact candidates who have been selected for interviews.
Your information and CVs will be treated following our GDPR policy.