What are the needs of cities and regions on their path to climate neutrality? What solutions are already out there? IEECP joined the Smart City World Expo congress in Barcelona as media partner and event organiser to address these questions. The session revolved around an interactive quiz that tested the knowledge of the participants on existing initiatives and projects supporting regional and local authorities. Starting from the quiz answers, we presented some of the available projects, tools and opportunities for helping local and regional authorities in becoming the lighthouse of energy and climate actions.
By checking out our presentation, you will have the chance to learn more about the following projects:
- Prospect+ supports cities and regions when it comes to financing and implementing their sustainable energy and climate plans (SECAPs) or similar with a capacity building programme based on peer-2-peer (p2p) learning;
- EnergeeWatch launched a p2p learning program to enable regional and local authorities to timely and accurately define, monitor and verify their sustainable actions.
- IN-PLAN is developing a long-lasting support structure enabling local and regional authorities to effectively implement their sustainable energy, climate, and spatial plans,
- REGILIENCE collects and shares the most promising cross-sectoral adaptation solutions, supporting cities and regions across Europe to become more resilient to climate change.
- MICAT and ENEFIRST developed tools to respectively investigate the multiple impacts of energy efficiency and to define and make the energy efficiency first (EE1st) principle operational;
- Regio1st is building a tool and a community of practice to implement the EE1st principle in the energy regional planning;
- NECPlatform supports six EU Member States in setting up multi-level dialogue platforms, to raise the voices of local decision-makers and stakeholders in national energy and climate policies.
In addition to direct and indirect support, there is another group of project providing support on specific topics, such as the dedicated programme for energy distributors developed by SocialWatt and the renovation roadmaps addressing energy poverty in rural areas, being developed by RENOVERTY.