The climate targets are increasingly ambitious and the scale of the challenge faced by local and regional authorities all across Europe requires increased use of other-than-subsidies financing instruments for investments in sustainable energy and low-emission mobility. This webinar introduced the variety of innovative financing instruments and the opportunities to get an in-depth understanding of their practical use through best-practice exchange with peers across Europe under a capacity-building project PROSPECT+. Participants also learnt about the opportunity to join the project as a mentee (until 28 of January 2022).
– Welcome | Sylwia Slomiak, Eurocities
– Major challenges for local authorities across Europe to access financing for investments in sustainable energy and mobility, resulting from the scale of the necessary climate action | Christophe Milin, CINEA
– How does PROSPECT+ support local authorities across Europe to face these challenges? | Sylwia Slomiak, Eurocities
– How to secure resources to accelerate investments in sustainable energy and public transport: introduction to other-than-subsidies financing instruments and how to choose the right one. | Carolin Anders, Adelphi
– Examples of successful projects identified by PROSPECT+ that successfully used the innovative financing instruments. | Sylwia Slomiak, Eurocities
– How to choose the best way forward? The benefits of getting involved in PROSPECT+ as mentors, mentees and participants of the Community of Practice | Jana Cicmanova, Energy Cities
The PROSPECT+ project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101023271.